• Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and
• understanding (RL.P.10)
• With prompting and support, ask and answer who, what, where, when, why, and how questions about “The Shoemaker and the Elves” (RL.P.1, RL.P.3, SL.P.2, L.P.1d)
• Predict events in “The Shoemaker and the Elves” (RL.P.10)
• With prompting and support, retell “The Shoemaker and the Elves,”
• including characters, a beginning, and an ending (RL.P.2, RL.P.3, W.P.11)
• With prompting and support, “read”/tell the story “The Shoemaker and
• the Elves” using a wordless picture book (RL.P.2)
The Activity Pages contain various activities for students to complete in class or at home with their families.
The Big Book - during the Classic Tales read-alouds, students will have opportunities to interact with the printed texts of these stories through reading from the Classic Tales Big Book.
The Flip Book contains a collection of images that accompany the read-alouds found in the Teacher Guide.
The Image Cards are used to aid discussion in Skills and Listening & Learning instruction.
There may be cases when our downloadable resources contain hyperlinks to other websites. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties. UnboundEd and EngageNY are not responsible for the content, availability, or privacy policies of these websites.
There are no tags for this resource
From EngageNY.org of the New York State Education Department. Prekindergarten ELA Classic Tales Domain.
Available from engageny.org/resource/prekindergarten-ela-classic-tales-domain; accessed 2015-05-29.
This work is based on an original work of the Core Knowledge® Foundation made available through licensing under a Creative Commons AttributionNonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. This does not in any way imply that the Core Knowledge Foundation endorses this work.