• Point to the front cover, title, and back cover of a book; the top, middle, or bottom of a page; the beginning of the book; where to start reading a book; the order that words are read on a page; the end of the book; a word; and a letter (RI.P.5, RF.P.1a)
• Hold a book correctly, turning the pages, while pretend-reading (RF.P.4)
• Use cover and illustration cues to locate those books that pertain to a
• particular topic or might answer a topical question (W.P.8)
• Recognize, call by name, and indicate the role of school personnel (SL.P.1c)
• Greet adults as “Mr. (name),” and/or “Ms. or Mrs. (name)” (SL.P.1c)
• Ask questions about oral directions or verbal explanations (SL.P. 2)
• Describe an event or task that one has just experienced in the immediate past (SL.P.4)
• Describe an event or task that will take place in the future (SL.P.4)
• Understand and use the negative forms of declarative sentences,
• questions, and imperatives. (L.P.1f)
The Activity Pages contain various activities for students to complete in class or at home with their families.
The Flip Book contains a collection of images that accompany the read-alouds found in the Teacher Guide.
The Image Cards are used to aid discussion in Skills and Listening & Learning instruction.
The Nursery Rhymes and Songs Posters are provided for use with every domain. The Teacher Guide provides guidance on how to teach a subset of these posters in every domain, but teachers may choose to teach additional rhymes at any time.
The Learning Center Cards are designed to be posted in classroom Learning Centers and provide information to students and teachers.
There may be cases when our downloadable resources contain hyperlinks to other websites. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties. UnboundEd and EngageNY are not responsible for the content, availability, or privacy policies of these websites.
There are no tags for this resource
From EngageNY.org of the New York State Education Department. Prekindergarten ELA Domain 5: Habitats.
Available from engageny.org/resource/prekindergarten-ela-domain-5-habitats; accessed 2015-05-29.
This work is based on an original work of the Core Knowledge® Foundation made available through licensing under a Creative Commons AttributionNonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. This does not in any way imply that the Core Knowledge Foundation endorses this work.