• State that plants are alive
• Name five plants (e.g., tree, grass, sunflower, cactus, carrot, etc.)
• Name the four parts of a plant (i.e., roots, stem, leaves, flowers)
• State the function of the four parts of a plant (i.e., roots soak up water; stem holds the plant up; leaves collect sunlight and air; flowers make seeds)
• State that flowers grow from seeds
• Describe how a sunflower grows (i.e., seed in ground; small root grows
• down; seedling comes up out of ground; flower grows from stem) State that trees are plants that grow for a long time
The Activity Pages contain various activities for students to complete in class or at home with their families.
The Flip Book contains a collection of images that accompany the read-alouds found in the Teacher Guide.
The Image Cards are used to aid discussion in Skills and Listening & Learning instruction.
The Nursery Rhymes and Songs Posters are provided for use with every domain. The Teacher Guide provides guidance on how to teach a subset of these posters in every domain, but teachers may choose to teach additional rhymes at any time.
The Learning Center Cards are designed to be posted in classroom Learning Centers and provide information to students and teachers.
There may be cases when our downloadable resources contain hyperlinks to other websites. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties. UnboundEd and EngageNY are not responsible for the content, availability, or privacy policies of these websites.
There are no tags for this resource
From EngageNY.org of the New York State Education Department. Prekindergarten ELA Domain 4: Plants.
Available from engageny.org/resource/prekindergarten-ela-domain-4-plants; accessed 2015-05-29.
This work is based on an original work of the Core Knowledge® Foundation made available through licensing under a Creative Commons AttributionNonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. This does not in any way imply that the Core Knowledge Foundation endorses this work.