• State that the heart and lungs are parts hidden inside the body
• State that the five senses are sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch
• Identify the body parts that correspond to each sense:
• 1. Eyes—Sight
• 2. Ears—Hearing
• 3. Nose—Smell
• 4. Tongue—Taste
• 5. Skin—Touch
• State how each of the five senses helps them experience the world (e.g., eyes help you see toys, ears help you hear sounds, etc.)
• State that human beings begin life as babies, then grow to be children, then adults￼￼￼
• Name one thing that babies can do (e.g., sleep, eat, cry), one thing children can do (e.g., paint, tie their shoes, go to school), and one thing adults can do (e.g., take care of babies, go to their jobs, cook, etc.)
• Give an example of one thing that is alive and one thing that is not alive
• Name human beings’ three basic needs: water, food, and shelter
• State that a body can heal itself when it is hurt or sick
• State that people stay healthy by exercising, resting, eating good foods, and staying clean
The Activity Pages contain various activities for students to complete in class or at home with their families.
The Flip Book contains a collection of images that accompany the read-alouds found in the Teacher Guide.
The Image Cards are used to aid discussion in Skills and Listening & Learning instruction.
The Nursery Rhymes and Songs Posters are provided for use with every domain. The Teacher Guide provides guidance on how to teach a subset of these posters in every domain, but teachers may choose to teach additional rhymes at any time.
The Learning Center Cards are designed to be posted in classroom Learning Centers and provide information to students and teachers.
There may be cases when our downloadable resources contain hyperlinks to other websites. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties. UnboundEd and EngageNY are not responsible for the content, availability, or privacy policies of these websites.
There are no tags for this resource
From EngageNY.org of the New York State Education Department. Prekindergarten ELA Domain 1: All About Me.
Available from engageny.org/resource/prekindergarten-ela-domain-1-all-about-me; accessed 2015-05-29.
This work is based on an original work of the Core Knowledge® Foundation made available through licensing under a Creative Commons AttributionNonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. This does not in any way imply that the Core Knowledge Foundation endorses this work.